001: The High Cost of Fear in a Creative Business
with Ceil DiGuglielmo
Today I have the pleasure of talking with the owner of Sew Much More Custom Sewing for the Home, Ceil DiGuglielmo. Ceil is passionate about education and technology in the window treatment and soft home furnishings industry. She also has a podcast, The Sew Much More Podcast where she focuses on interviewing members of the window treatment and soft home furnishings industry.
- Imposter Syndrome
- Taking the first step
- Importance of accountability
Listen to the Episode
Thoughts from Ceil:
• Be more conscious with the money you have coming in.
• It is important to make decisions based on what is best for the company long term.
• Separating the business from family income helps with making the business a business and if not, it’s working toward a hobby.
• Fear is a big part of why I didn’t do things.
• Questions ran across my mind like, ‘How will I be perceived if I make a mistake’ and ‘Why am I so afraid of making mistakes’? This feeling of fear stopped me from starting something or pursuing an idea and slowed down my business growth. I have learned that the more I prepare, the less fear tries to sneak in.
• If you have outside accountability, you are more likely to do something. This accountability is valuable with loving, but firm communication.
Links and Resources:
• Facebook: Sew Much More Custom Sewing for The Home, The Sew Much More Podcast
• Instagram: @ceildi
• Website: www.ceildi.com